Saturday 19 July 2014

.MIP Pattern Parade: HORRIS & DEEDLE.

Marnie from Horris & Deedle is with us on the Parade today. Marnie is a long-time friend of mine and one of my faithful pattern testers. She also sews like lightning - seriously, I'll send her a pattern to test and before I've even had a chance to make myself a hot Milo, she's finished it!! Marnie churns through the projects and gives really informative pattern reviews on her blog, she is the queen of modifications and always manages to alter patterns to suit her style body shape.
...like the Shearwater Kaftan she has made for the Pattern Parade. After sewing a wearable muslin kaftan (which I really like) she made alterations to turn the kaftan into a dress to wear over swimmers on a recent family holiday to Fiji. I love her take on the kaftan and it reaffirms to me how awesome sewing for yourself can be - even more so if you are game enough to get adventurous with the pattern! Read more about Marnie's alterations on the Horris & Deedle blog and check out photos at the end of the cute Uptown Girl jacket she made for her daughter this Winter. Oh, and there's a free pattern up for grabs too - make sure you enter to win!
 
The Make It Perfect Pattern Parade Virtual Catwalk introduces...

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails