Thursday 9 February 2012

.Three-O.

Yep, that's right...today I turned the big 30!  Not a birthday that I have been looking forward to but nothing I can do about that except embrace it :)

I've had a lovely day surrounded by my family...been wanting to pin my quilt forever so put it on my priority list today and had it done before morning tea!  Excited to have a project to do on the couch when I'm watching telly now!
Jaron and the kids took me out for lunch to Anvers.  Always some delicious eats and great outdoor spaces for the kids to run and play.

 
free chocolate tasters means we never have to buy dessert ;)
No body wanted to have a photo with me :(
This afternoon I covered school books for Oscar.  I'm sure I used to be good at this!  Ah well, a bit of creased contact never hurt anyone!  I'll practise up for next year when I've got two kids to cover books for!!!
We weren't feeling like a full meal after our big lunch so had a yummy fruit salad instead...
 ...which helps me to not feel as guilty about the chocolates I'm about to sit down and indulge in.  Call me "old school" but Cadbury Roses are my absolute favourites (remember that, friends!!)
And that is a wrap up of the day I turned 30.  Now I'm going to sit on the couch and find something to watch while I get stuck into my quilt and chocolates!
(P.S. I discovered Instagram, did you notice?!  I didn't want to get into it but just couldn't stay away!)

23 comments:

Little Munchkins said...

Looks like you had a great day with your family. Happy birthday again x

Kayla Christie said...

whooo happy birthday toni! i love roses too - we too have a box sitting in our cupbord !! hehe x

Jan Maree said...

Happy Birthday! Three oh in deed - wait till you are approaching five oh like me. Anvers! Went there last time I was in Tassie - YUM!!! And don't worry about the contact - I am sure the wrinkles are built in these days. Make the most of being able to use cute novelty contacts - my boys are 15 and it is all boring clear - dull dull dull!!!

The undomesticated scientist said...

happy birthday! welcome to your thirties!

Sophie said...

Happy Birthday!! 30s are the Best! You'll love it!

SewSurprising said...

Glad your birthday was a nice one :) Everything I know I learned after I was thirty. - Georges Clemenceau

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Toni! Looks like you enjoyed yourself! Instagram is great isn't it! See you tomorrow. x

Karen said...

Happy happy birthday to you Toni - sounds like a lovely day with family and good food to enjoy - and chocolate, what could be better!
30 is a breeze - enjoy this decade.

Carli said...

You've embraced instagram i see!! Glad you had a great day xxx

Aussie Boy said...

All my love on your 30th.
X
Ange

LionessLady said...

Happy Birthday Toni! Sounds liek you had a great day. Whenever I come back home I always make sure I stop off at Anvers. Their snowballs at Christmas time are truly to die for!

Elissa said...

Looks like you had a FAB day Toni! Happy Birthday lovey!

Creative Corner said...

Try the sock trick to help cover books - worked a treat for me this year!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET7m_d0uClM&feature=share

Simone Triffitt said...

I know, Instagram is addictive!! :) Roses are my favourite too. I won't forget they are yours now. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY xx

Crafty Mama said...

Happy Birthday Toni! :)

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday Toni!

The Kings said...

haha! Laughing about the Roses AND the instagram pics. SO much easier to blog when you already have edited pics hey :)
Happy Birthday!

herzlichgern.de said...

Happy Birthday!!!!
This looks like a wonderful day!
We here in Germany still have -10 Celcius!
Could we just trade for one day, please!!!!!
Thank you for your wonderful Blog, which i really enjoy!
Many Greetings
CLaudi

Emily said...

Happy birthday! Looks like a perfect day! Now I'm craving Cadburys. :)

hart44 said...

Happy birthday:)a great way to spend it, with family :)
30 is not bad, I turned 50 today and Im now off to enjoy my choc's :)

Mrs M said...

Happy Birthday. You should be really excited turning 30. You have so much to be proud of at that age.

Penny B. said...

A big Happy birthday Toni! Looks like you had a great day. 30 is a great number! Enjoy it! The picture of the Roses chocolates is making my mouth water.

Fiona said...

Happy Birthday Toni, I am back in blog land trying to recreate a journal of our family going's on.

Related Posts with Thumbnails